“I am … a strong supporter of traditional marriage. This union between a man and a woman is the building block of the family and the cornerstone of our society. Thirty-one states have either passed constitutional amendments to define marriage as between one man and one woman or have passed initiatives that uphold this traditional definition
Congressman King advocates for a constitutional amendment to defend marriage as the union between one man and one woman.”
I agreed then with Congressman Steve King, both morally and economically. I still agree with the Congressman.
More importantly, I agree with the Word of God, where marriage is clearly defined:
- Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall join to his wife: and they shall be one flesh.-Genesis 2:24
- 1 Cor. 7:2-3 says, Since there is so much immorality each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband. The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife and likewise.
- Leviticus 18:22 You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination
- Leviticus 20:13 If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.
- Romans 1:26-27 For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
- Jude 1:6-7 (NASB) And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day, just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.
This is in reference to the Domestic Partnership Benefits and Obligations Act H.R. 2517.
Per the Bureau of Public Debt at the Treasury Department, the gross federal debt of the United States has reached $15,888,741,858,820.66.
Additionally, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) has admitted that a lot of the costs for administering Obamacare aren’t counted in the original cost estimate.
Per the CATO Institute:
There’s at least $5 billion to $10 billion in Health and Human Services (HHS) spending, and another $5 billion to $10 billion for the IRS. Just this year, HHS asked for an additional $850 million to pay for setting up a federal backup exchange in 2013. None of these costs are counted in the original cost estimate. Further, there’s the $300 billion in physician fees.
Add the potential $898 million costs of the Domestic Partnership Benefits and Obligations Act to the above-stated costs of ObamaCare that were not included in the original estimates and what you have is another great depression.
Not every American is a Bible believing Christian. This is why the Biblical views of marriage between a man and woman is increasingly challenged as unconstitutional and bigoted.
However, regardless of ones religious preference or ideology, there is a tie that binds: economics.
No one who cares about American wants to see this nation suffer an total economic collapse.
Congressman Steve King asserted that he supports a constitutional amendment to defend marriage as the union between one man and one woman.
In light of the substantive, material evidence provided by the General Budget Office and the Congressional Budget Office, the verdict is in:
A constitutional amendment banning gay marriage is necessary for both the social and economic stability of our Republic.